Monday, April 27, 2009

The Fugitive Generation (v)

INT. SUPER'S LIVING ROOM -- DAY

Kelly and Maloney stand next to TONY THE SUPER, 62.


TONY THE SUPER: Like I say. Greenberg lived in apartment 2D for a few years. But that ain't Greenberg in the picture. Greenberg was a long-haired hippie-type. A long-haired hippie-type.


EXT. TOLEDO RAILROAD STATION -- DAY


JIM, 23, a thin long-haired hippie-type with a beard, stands on sidewalk. He's dressed in shabby khaki Army jacket, worn-out blue jeans, second-hand army boots and a stocking cap. And he carries a duffel bag and a worn-out guitar case.


Jim walks across street to Toledo bus station.


INT. TOLEDO BUS STATION -- DAY


Jim buys ticket, puts duffle bag and guitar case below bus, and boards bus. "Ann Arbor" is indicated as bus' destination.


INT. BUS -- DAY


Jim takes a window seat. Just before bus pulls out of station a woman STUDENT, 19, wearing jeans and winter coat rushes onto the bus. She takes the aisle seat next to Jim.


JIM: You're lucky you made the bus.


STUDENT: My dad couldn't start his car before he dropped me off.


JIM: How far you goin'?


STUDENT: Ann Arbor.


JIM: That's where I'm goin'. But I've never been there before.


STUDENT: Are you going to school there now?


JIM: No. I was tired of living in New York City. So I looked on the map and decided--since I never was in Ann Arbor--that Ann Arbor was the place to move to.

No comments: